Finishing up the last of the utilities supplies. The supply side of the water system was installed today. Plumbing is very challenging as there are all sorts of different standards for thread, tapered, non-tapered, pipe types, etc. If you're working with a poly tank, be careful not to force any metal parts in that might ruin your threads! I couldn't get the metal spigots to go in cleanly so I decided to use plastic fittings into the tank and then PEX out from the plastic. We ran the first test filling the fresh water tank and running the pump to pressurize the system. No leaks on that side as far as I can tell. Oddly, while I was filling the tank my father-in-law who was checking things out under the passenger side and said, "What's this water?" I looked and replied, "You're joking, right?" Yes he was - phew! But then he went and look under the driver side and said he saw a drip. I checked that out and sure enough, there was a drip. We both went inside and couldn't find the source. I slid under Redford and saw a drip coming off the end of the muffler. I checked around a bunch more inside and still couldn't find anything. I figure maybe it was either residual water from my testing the other day or sometimes you see water dripping out of the tail pipe of a car... I had started the engine a few times driving out of the work bay, to the water source, and around the yard a bit. I left the system pressurized overnight and the van is outside so I'll see what things look like tomorrow.
Calvin here - after spending almost 33 years in education as a high school teacher, elementary teacher, and elementary administrator, it was time to retire! I did so happily and with no regrets; it was a terrific and fulfilling career. I do enjoy building projects as the design and building process is very therapeutic and you see a completed functional product in the end. Now to combine the build with another of Angela's and my passions - travel - is something we're really looking forward to.