All of the wood support slats have been cut and almost all have been glued down (I ran out of Sikaflex this morning.) Only about half of the very front section still to glue down. In the meantime I made a template and cut out the first section of the plywood for the actual subfloor. The 1/2" slats with the self-adhesive aluminum backed foam went perfectly together to support the 3/8" top sheet. The top sheet gets glued to the slats and is also bolted from the top to the side rails of the van. This will give me 7/8" thickness of wood to use my Kreg screws to tack and anchor framing to. The cabinets and structures will also be secured to the side and ceiling so I'm thinking everything should be really solid. I should be able to finish the subfloor installation and all of the insulating by the end of the week - yay!
Calvin here - after spending almost 33 years in education as a high school teacher, elementary teacher, and elementary administrator, it was time to retire! I did so happily and with no regrets; it was a terrific and fulfilling career. I do enjoy building projects as the design and building process is very therapeutic and you see a completed functional product in the end. Now to combine the build with another of Angela's and my passions - travel - is something we're really looking forward to.