We had bought some tiles that Angela really liked - they're flowers (Angela loves gardening, plants, flowers, trees, basically anything to do with nature!) The plan was to make some sort of wall hanging decor piece but as the construction continued we realized how little wall space we have in Redford. We have large windows and the TV still has to go in leaving not much space for hanging. As an alternative we came up with the idea of using the tiles on the back of the drop down table flap on the back of the kitchen cabinet in the cargo entry door. When it is not in use as a table, the flower tiles side will be showing. When dropped down the same laminate we have for our countertop will be exposed. We think it will look nice and hopefully it will be functional.
Today I glued in the vinyl floor sheet that we are using for our shower end walls (along with the FRP panel on the back wall.) Because the vinyl sheet is really meant to be used on a floor and the adhesive for vinyl is also meant for floors, it made for a bit of a messy process; while it wasn't too bad, it certainly wasn't easy as gravity was not my friend! I also installed the rest of the bathroom ceiling backer board and cut holes for the lights and ran the wires. Tomorrow I'll finish the cleanup on the adhesive and continue with the wood trim and finish pieces in the bathroom. Let's see how far I get tomorrow.
Calvin here - after spending almost 33 years in education as a high school teacher, elementary teacher, and elementary administrator, it was time to retire! I did so happily and with no regrets; it was a terrific and fulfilling career. I do enjoy building projects as the design and building process is very therapeutic and you see a completed functional product in the end. Now to combine the build with another of Angela's and my passions - travel - is something we're really looking forward to.