Things do take longer than planned. I was thinking it would be "simple" to screw in the mounting frames for the fans and then install the fans... After drilling pilot holes I went to put the first screw in - despite using the lowest torque setting on the drill, the screw tore the sheet metal - ugh! Angela's dad Joe, suggested I use bigger screws to bite into the metal. Another 20 minutes searching for the right stainless steel screws (at least we have a supply on hand thanks to nephew John!) I also decided to do it by hand. I could totally feel the difference. I could tell when the screw was entering the pilot hole and also when it was finally snug. From now on if I'm going into sheet metal, I'll always do it by hand with a screw driver. Redford got its first bath today too as I had to wash off all the metal bits after the fan install. Yesterday I had painted out the solar panel brackets and screws in black so that things would "look nice". I'm just trying to decide what type of material to use for the roof deck. In the photos below, the "L" shaped space on the back right will be a sitting deck. Also still to be done on the roof are two entry glands for the wires (solar, cell booster, awning LED) and a vent for the waste water system.
Calvin here - after spending almost 33 years in education as a high school teacher, elementary teacher, and elementary administrator, it was time to retire! I did so happily and with no regrets; it was a terrific and fulfilling career. I do enjoy building projects as the design and building process is very therapeutic and you see a completed functional product in the end. Now to combine the build with another of Angela's and my passions - travel - is something we're really looking forward to.