It took me all day but I made the clamps and straps and got the black tank test fitted. The pilot holes for the toilet entry and the vent point have been drilled in the van floor and into the tank. I have to pick up some bimetal hole saws as we don't have one big enough for the toilet flange and my 2" saw has stripped threads. I've dropped the tank back out again as I have to take it back to Barr Plastics in Abbotsford to have them weld the adaptors in place on the tank. All of the brackets also have to get primed and then painted black. Before I paint them I think I will grind off the corners on the brackets and straps just for a cleaner appearance. When the tank comes back I'll also paint it black so that all of it should be "less noticeable" under the van. I was surprised though at how much steel it took. I picked up five 4' lengths at Home Depot this morning and have used up four of them (with very little waste.) The grey tank on the passenger side will be a bit different as the location of the van rails and side wall are different on that side. I think it will be another full day job! An easier way to figure out the bracket lengths is to only do the top angle bend, install them and then measure them directly with the tank in place. I made the mistake of thinking the measurements I took were accurate enough and did the top and bottom bends. Once I test fitted I discovered that three of the brackets were too long and needed to be re-bent at a shorter length.
Calvin here - after spending almost 33 years in education as a high school teacher, elementary teacher, and elementary administrator, it was time to retire! I did so happily and with no regrets; it was a terrific and fulfilling career. I do enjoy building projects as the design and building process is very therapeutic and you see a completed functional product in the end. Now to combine the build with another of Angela's and my passions - travel - is something we're really looking forward to.